Who we are
Transferit Ltd. (hereinafter, “Transferit”, “we” or “us”) is the controller of the personal data you provide to us.
– Transferit’s postal address: HQ, 20-23, Woodside Place, Glasgow, G3 7QL, United Kingdom
– Transferit’s e-mail: email@example.com
– Transferit’s telephone number: 0141 264 2844
This Policy applies to Transferit’s mobile app, Transferit’s website, as well as to any other platform through which you may get our services.
Purposes of processing and legal basis
We will process your personal data for the purposes described below:
– To send you updates and communications about Transferit product and services: If you provide your identification data (including your country of residence), Transferit may send you updates regarding with the APP functionalities and communications by electronic means related with information on products and services and promotions offered by Transferit Ltd, in order to offer financial products and services that may be of interest to you.
Transferit will only process your personal data for this purpose with your prior and express consent. By clicking the “Submit” button, we understand that you give your consent to the processing of your personal data for the purposes described in this point.
– To perform IT maintenance services and backups: Transferit will use your personal data, based on our legitimate interest, for the maintenance of the website, as well as for making the necessary backups of the systems.
- Primarily to comply with our legal obligations, specifically under European national laws implementing the Anti Money Laundering Directive (2015/849) such as the UK Anti Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds (Information on the payer), various UK, EU and UN sanctions legislations and various associated regulatory rules and guidance in relation to risk investigation, risk scoring, fraud, counter terrorist financing, anti-money laundering, consumer protection and complaint handling.
How we obtain your personal data
We process the personal data that you have directly provided to us by one of the following means:
– You have previously sent an information request to us.
– You have subscribed to our e-newsletter.
– You have completed a Transferit form with your personal data.
– You have previously completed a Transaction through us with your personal data.
If you give us someone else’s personal data, we will inform such persons that we have obtained their data from you.
How long we keep your personal data
We keep your personal data as long as the company needs it for the purposes for which it was collected, taking into account local laws and contractual obligations. When we will no longer need such personal data, we will duly block it during applicable statutes of limitation and/or retention periods set forth by law and we will only be able to process it in order to:
– Comply with the legal obligations that may be applicable; and
– Make the personal data available to the competent Public Administrations, Courts and Tribunals or the Public Prosecutor’s Office.
When such retention periods end, we will physically destroy your personal data.
How we keep your data secure
We maintain reasonable security measures to safeguard your personal data from loss, interference, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. We also maintain reasonable procedures to help ensure that such data is reliable for its intended use and it is accurate, complete and up to date.
When we share your personal data
The list below shows who we share your information with and why.
– In some circumstances, we are legally obliged to share your personal data. For example, under a court order or when we receive an order from competent supervisory authorities in handling complaints or investigations or when we submit reports to the competent authorities. In any of such scenarios, we will have a lawful basis on which to share the data.
– For instance, we will make use of the services offered by data processors in the following sectors, cloud hosting services, IT services, know-your-customer (KYC) services, financial services, fraud prevention and anti-money laundering and counter-terrorism financing, customer support, customer relationship management, etc.
What are your rights
Under data protection law, you have the following rights:
– Right of access: You have the right to ask Transferit for copies of your personal data.
– Right to rectification: You have the right to ask Transferit to rectify personal data relating to you that may be inaccurate. You also have the right to ask Transferit to complete personal data that may be incomplete.
– Right to erasure: You have the right to ask Transferit to erase your personal data in certain circumstances.
– Right to restriction of processing: You have the right to ask Transferit to restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
– Right to data portability: This only right applies to personal data that you have given to Transferit. You have the right to ask that Transferit transfers the data to another organisation. The right only applies if we are processing personal data based on your consent or in talks about entering into a contract and the processing is automated.
You can exercise the personal data rights indicated above, by sending a communication to Transferit’s privacy team by the means and to the addresses detailed at the beginning of this policy, providing a copy of a personal identification document.
How to contact us about this notice or make a complaint
We work to high standards when it comes to processing your personal data. If you have queries or concerns, please contact the company at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not satisfied with our response, or if you think that the company is not processing your personal data in accordance with the law, you can submit a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office, the body which regulates and supervises the use of personal data in the United Kingdom, via their helpline on 0303 123 1113.